The warm weather is really getting me excited about
sailing. Yesterday I strolled
along the Ottawa River with a friend and it was a glorious sunny day with a
light breeze. A couple sailboats
were out on the water and it really got me longing to be sailing.
There are plans in progress for bringing Senta home. I managed to do a couple switches at
work and have 14 days off. I
called the marina and booked our launching date for Monday, May 14th. That would give us 13 days to bring her
back to Canadian waters before I have to work again. Rarely do our plans go without a hitch though. It was originally planned that my dad
would help me bring the boat back, unfortunately he’s got a stomach bug at the
moment so we’ve had to make a couple contingency plans in the event that he’s
not better. Perhaps now we’ll do a
smaller trial run on Lake Champlain for a couple days, and then trailer the
boat back?
…We’ll see how things pan out this week.
Odd. My name is Kerry to and my wife and I just bought a Voyager 26 on Long Island and are in the process of getting it shipped up to the south shore of Lake Ontario where we'll sail it out of Fair Haven. We live in Denver but it's on a trailer and we'll sail it on Lake Ontario and wherever else we decide to pull it. Maybe we'll run into each other. My MIL lives in Morrisburg, Ontario.
ReplyDeleteKerry Edwards Davidkerryedwards at yahoo. com
This is unbelievable as I am told there were only a small number built..what are the chances! Anyways I sincerely hope we do cross paths, I look forward to doing some trips in Lake Ontario. Just need to get the boat home first.
ReplyDelete